Prices are based at a double occupancy rate, for single bookings add $1000 for separate accommodations.
Sit back, relax, and let us do the work to get you to all the most photogenic spots throughout the Alps! On this expedition you will see many of Earth's gems created by worldly forces. We will be starting the trip in Geneva, Switzerland and winding ourselves around the mountainous regions as we pass through Switzerland, Italy and Southern France. Starting in Switzerland, we will see glaciers, hike along mountainous peaks and see the endless countryside. While in Northern Italy, we will make a point of seeing the Dolomite Mountains, Milan, Venice and Pisa; enjoy the beauty each has to offer. Just wait until you can see these earth-shattering landscapes for yourself! Our final day will be spent in Southern France in the city of Monaco and finally in the lavender fields of Lavandes Angelvin. While we are in Northern Italy, we will be accompanied by Nico Rinaldi, a world class landscape photographer whom is lucky enough to call these mountains his home! Nico has many sponsors thanks to his renowned images, many of which are from this region which means he has all the best locations for us to capture. You will be receiving personal lessons as well as group editing techniques from him all throughout this portion of the trip, this is something surely you wont want to miss!
On this trip you will not only learn the many skills in capturing and processing your fresh images, but you will also be able to take in the perks of traveling with us! We will hike the wonderful countryside at each of our stops, enjoy the delectable meals each of the countries have to offer, and partake in many fun activities along the way. In Zermatt we will dine in the town with the towering Matterhorn looking down on us, in the Dolomites we will picnic along the edge of the Earth (or so it seems), and in Venice we will enjoy a relaxing boat ride on the famous waterways through the city.
Meetup and Drop-Off Location:
We will meet on 8/29/2018 at 8:30a.m. Geneva time at the La Potiniere Restaurant on the waterfront. Drop-off time will vary roughly, however we are shooting for 5:30p.m. Geneva time and be at the same location.
Address: Le Jardin Anglais, 1204 Geneve, Switzerland
- Introductions in Geneva, Switzerland
- Meet for initial introductions so your guides know who you are and what photography skill level you are at.
- Provide quick syllabus of materials to be worked on during the expedition.
- Discuss what is to be focused on when shooting the images for the day.
- Mer de Glace
- Mer de Glace is a remaining glacier from the ice age reaching its way down a valley. Surrounded by large mountains, this picturesque landscape will surely inspire your inner Xplorer.
- Matterhorn and Zermatt
- Very little introduction is needed for this mountainous masterpiece; Matterhorn is the most photographed mountain in the world, and justly so! The uniquely carved mountain has unlimited possibilities for your photographic eye to practice and learn.
- Milan and Lake Como
- We have designed the 4th day of this trip to be relaxing and rejuvenating. There is no better place to do this than spending time walking the streets of Milan and enjoying some sun at Lake Como, but don't you worry, it's not all downtime as we'll still have some amazing pictures at both locations.
- Odle and Dolomite Mountains
- Once everyone is well rested after the lakeside retreat, we will need everyone ready to tackle one of the most magnificent parts of this expedition. World class photographer, Nico Rinaldi will be joining up with us for this segment of the trip to assist us with capturing the best scenery the mountains have to offer! The Odle Mountains and cliffs are stunning! There's no other way to describe the shear jaggedness of Earth ending landscapes; located in the Dolomite Mountains, this will be one of the most majestic sights to see. Wondering why there's multiple days here, there's just that much to see! On the second day at this location, we will focus from afar and capture the entire range in the viewfinders.
- Venice, Italy
- Once we wrap up in the mountainous terrain we will continue to the historic city of Venice. The city of Venice is well known for its water canals as streets, which to our benefit make for a wondrous place to see and better yet, photograph. You will have time to walk around and explore the old town as you see fit. When we reconvene, we will continue on our path to master the camera.
- Pisa, Monaco, and Lavandes Angelvin
- As we start the 9th day of our trip we will make an early departure from Venice and proceed to make our way back west through some on the wonderful countryside. We will take several breaks on this drive to allow everyone to stretch their legs and enjoy the cities of Pisa and Monaco. We will conclude this drive in the evening at Lavandes Angelvin where we will be taking sunset and night pictures of the famous lavender fields of southern France.
- Geneva, Switzerland
- This is our final day with you all and as with every adventure we must conclude by driving back to our starting point. We will have a final instruction and get everyone finalized for their departures. We wish to see you all return for future Xplorations!
Note: It is highly recommended to have travel insurance for any expedition you take. ApertureXplorers does not offer travel insurance nor do we sell any form of insurance.